SOFT was incorporated in the State of Utah in 1980 as SUPPORT ORGANIZATION FOR TRISOMY 18/13 (S.O.F.T.) INC, doing business as “Support Organization for Trisomy 18, 13 and related disorders” and doing business as “SOFT.” Current Headquarters: c/o SOFT President, 2982 South Union Street, Rochester, NY, 14624
Copyright Notice. The information on this web site is protected by copyright laws and treaty provisions: Copyright © 2022 Support Organization for Trisomy 18, 13 and related disorders. All rights reserved.
Use of web site information. Except as may otherwise be indicated elsewhere on this website, you (“user”) may view, copy, print and distribute documents contained in this website subject to the following conditions:
1. The document may be used solely for personal, informational, teaching and non-commercial uses;
2. The document may not be modified or altered in any way and the context of any text extracted must be preserved;
3. Any copy of the document or portion thereof must be properly attributed to SOFT; and
4. SOFT reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from SOFT.
5. Website books provided as “downloads” (a.k.a. e-books) are copyrighted material and may not be converted to printed form and sold or further distributed for profit. They may be reproduced and distributed to students, medical staff, and families, on a non-commercial basis.
Documents specified above do not include the design, layout, logos, graphics or images of this website, which may be reproduced or distributed only when expressly permitted by SOFT. Elements of this website are protected by trade dress, copyright and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
Information contained in this website is in no way meant to replace the advice of your child’s health care providers. You should consult with your child’s health care provider(s) for medical advice or to discuss any information found in this website.
Linking to Site. SOFT permits anyone to link to this website or to link to the URL of a document within it, subject to the linker’s compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below. A third-party website that links to the SOFT website:
1. May link to, but not replicate, content contained in this Site;
2. Must not misrepresent SOFT’s relationship with the linker.
3. Must not imply that SOFT is endorsing or sponsoring the linker or the linker’s services or products;
4. Must not use SOFT’s logos or trade dress without prior written permission from SOFT;
5. Must not contain content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic or inappropriate for all ages, or that is in opposition to SOFT’s Mission Statement, which is found on this website;
6. Must not contain materials that would violate any laws;
7. Must agree that the link may be removed at any time upon SOFT’s request pursuant to SOFT’s reserved rights to rescind its consent to allow the link.
Links to other websites. This website provides links to third-party websites which are not under the control of SOFT. We make no representations about any other website that you might access through the SOFT website. When you access a non-SOFT (third party) website please understand that it is independent from SOFT and that SOFT has no control over the content of that website. In addition, a link to a non-SOFT website does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
Social Networks, Chat Rooms, Family Stories and Photographs, Newsgroups and Hosted Services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, other Social Media etc). As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and for the consequences of posting those communications. We do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any material posted by Users on social media or endorse any opinions expressed by users. All information, communications and posted materials are the sole responsibility of the persons from whom such content originated. You acknowledge and understand that any reliance on materials posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
In consideration of being allowed to use social media features, functions and services provided by SOFT, you agree, represent and warrant that you will not:
1. use SOFT social media services for any purpose in violation of local, state or national laws of any country;
2. post, store or transmit material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner;
3. post, store or transmit material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
4. post, store or transmit material that is obscene, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, excessively violent, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity;
5. engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts SOFT’s services or the servers and networks which are connected to or with the services or
6. impersonate another person or User.
Viruses and Destructive Code. It is up to you, the user, to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE IN AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SOFT, THE DOCUMENTS, FILES AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITH LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED.
SOFT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE INFORMATION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE OR OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT WILL SOFT BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, RELIANCE ON ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS SITE.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SOFT HARMLESS FROM, AND YOU COVENANT NOT TO SUE SOFT FOR ANY CLAIMS THAT MAY BE ASSERTED, ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR BASED ON USING THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THIS SITE.